Sunday, March 12, 2017

From a show I'm working on called "Family Music"


video

video
(I'm told you have to have "Flash" on your computer to play these, but that most computers do.)


"Family Music" is a musical I'm co-writing with the extremely talented Marian Hannah Weiner, whom I met when we were both students of Harriet Schock's great writing class.

The show takes place on Long Island, and it's about the impact of the war on a family that runs a music business, when the younger son comes home wounded, having been saved by his older brother who died while saving him.

It's an original musical drama, but there is a good balance of lighter moments. I thought I'd put up a couple of Marian's songs that will be in the show.   (subject to rewrites, of course!)





No comments:

Post a Comment