Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shameless self-promo: I'm a Finalist for 2010 Ebb Award!

I got a phone call from the trustee of the Fred Ebb Foundation, saying that I'm one of the eight "finalists for the Fred Ebb Foundation award."  The odds aren't in my favor for me to win (to paraphrase the great Mr. Ebb's lyric to "Maybe This Time") but whatever happens, being a "finalist" is a thrill in and of itself.

And to Julie Miller, if you're reading this, thanks.  Julie basically picked out which songs I should include on the CD out of the many I gave her to listen to.  (And I only know Julie because of All that Chat, so thanks to All that Chat, too.)

I was wondering whether i should take off some of my Kander-and-Ebb parodies on the net lest someone happen across them while deliberating, but they're so much more tribute-like towards Mr. Ebb and Mr. Kander in their commenting than anything else, so i haven't done anything like that - yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment